Site statistics

30606 facts from 174 countries related to 1077 phenomena have been registered in Archive. 2556 of them were solved, another 8437 are under verification for compliance with one of the 305 versions.

2 facts have been added for last 24 hours.

Share your story

You are in "Archive" section

This section contains descriptions of unexplained facts provided by eyewitnesses or published in the media, as well as the results of their analysis by the group.

Mysterious substance. United States

ID #1616774702
Added Fri, 26/03/2021
Author July N.

Initial data

Initial information from sources or from an eyewitness
Incident date: 
перевал Сноквалми
United States

Dr. Jonathan Reed was walking for about an hour and a half when his seven-year-old golden retriever got ahead of him and disappeared up the hill. He began to bark frantically. 

Dr. Reed dropped his backpack and ran up the slope, where the fog disappeared. On the way, he picked up a tree branch, thinking that he might need it to save her in the form of some kind of animal.

At the top of the hill, he saw that Suzy (the dog) had a strange creature by the left hand. The creature was shaking violently, trying to displace the dog. The dog released the creature and backed away. At the same time, the creature spread a "fleshy pseudopod" around the dog's muzzle and severely injured it. Susie's tissues seemed to "flow" into this wound. It was absorbed in a matter of seconds. 

Later, Dr. Reed could not find any traces of it, except for a fine white powder on the ground.

At that moment, Reed ran forward and hit the creature with a branch with all his might. He threw the creature back about four feet (1.2 m). The creature lay dead on the ground, covered in its own blood. 

Shocked, Reed fell to the ground, trying to calm down. Finally, he remembered the photographic equipment that he usually carried with him on his frequent hikes, ran for his backpack and began to shoot and record this creature on video. 

Soon, Jonathan felt a strange low-frequency vibration. He scanned the area and found a black (ship-like) device floating above the ground nearby. He walked up to the object and touched it. It was very cold and burned his hand. He photographed the object. 

A few hours later, Jonathan is still very ill, decided to wrap the creature in a survival blanket that was with him. He decided to take this creature with him to Seattle. He placed the creature in a small freezer that he had at home. 

The creature was described as about 4 feet (1.2 m) tall, capable of moving incredibly fast. He had large swollen eyes that he could open and close, of a light color. He also said that the creature let out a terrifying scream or "squeal" when it fell to the ground. 

About the fourth day, Jonathan heard a noise from the freezer. He opened it, and the creature was alive.

In a panic, he slammed the freezer shut, then called a friend. Over the next few days, he tried many times to contact the creature, which he did. He tried to feed it, but it refused to eat. However, it drank water. 

Apparently, unknown government agents broke into the house and took the creature away.


In October 1996, a certain Jonathan Reed, who called himself a doctor-psychologist, went out, as usual, for a walk with his dog — a golden retriever named Susie.

Reed lived in a private house in Seattle, Washington, USA. He did not just walk the dog down the street, but went with it in the direction of the neighboring forest, behind which the Cascade Mountains began.

No sooner had Reed and his dog entered the forest, than something attracted the dog's attention, it became alert, and then barked wildly and ran behind the trees. It looked as if she had smelled prey, most likely some wild animal.

Normally, Reed would not have paid attention to this, thinking that Susie was chasing a squirrel or a rabbit, but then he remembered that on the morning of the same day he also went for a walk with Susie in the forest and noticed some large animal that looked like a bear in the thicket nearby.

When Reed thought that Susie might have smelled a bear, he heard his dog growling again and some noise that sounded like it was attacking someone. He was very worried and ran in that direction.

Reed claimed that when he jumped out into the clearing, he saw his dog growling and barking at a strange humanoid creature standing on the ground. According to him, the creature was about the height of a 12-year-old child and was dressed in some kind of seamless seamless black clothing-a jumpsuit.

The humanoid stood and "vibrated" strangely, and then suddenly rushed at Reed's dog, grabbed it and tore the poor animal in half in one fell swoop. After that, the humanoid looked in the direction of Reed, who was frozen in place from shock, and then "with great speed" ran towards him.

Reed was scared, but he was a strong man and had time to prepare for the attack. As soon as this creature approached, he hit it with all his strength on the head with a large stick, after which the humanoid staggered and fell lifeless on the grass.

When Reed felt him, he didn't move and looked completely dead. And then Reed heard a small humming sound somewhere nearby. Reed went in search of the source of the noise and soon came across a large black object with a smooth surface, similar to obsidian, floating in the air directly above the ground.

He apparently had a small video camera with him, because he claimed that he managed to capture this object in the forest.

The air in this place was as if charged with electricity, as before a thunderstorm, but, nevertheless, he still decided to carefully approach the object to touch it, after which the buzzing suddenly stopped and the whole clearing was plunged into silence.

Then Reed returned to the place where the dead alien and his dead dog lay. After a few thoughts, he decided to collect the alien's body to his home, wrapping it in something (not specified), and then putting it in the freezer.

The next day, Reed examined the body of the creature, taking pictures of it with a camera and video camera, and then at some point the alien blinked and let out a scream, proving that he was still alive. According to Reed, he also recorded this moment on tape (later it turned out that the scream was recorded only as audio, not video).

Further, according to Reed, he noticed through the window that there were some "white vans with people" standing near his house, who were watching him closely.

Then the alien creature miraculously regained full consciousness, broke out of Reed's house and ran away towards the forest. Reed ran after him, and when he returned home after an unsuccessful search, he found that everything in the house had been ransacked and that all his photos and video recordings with the alien were missing.

According to Reed, he had only a few materials left, which he hid better than the rest.

He further claimed that mysterious people began to follow him and once they even shot at him, wounding only his shoulder by a lucky chance. This made him fear for his life and for several years remained silent about what happened to him.

When Dr. Reed finally came out with his outlandish story, he made a lot of noise among fans of ufology, causing a lot of speculation and controversy.

He appeared on many radio programs, talking about his case, including in the program of the researcher of anomalous phenomena Art Bell, and also made presentations at conferences on UFOs and even wrote a book called "Link–An Extraterrestrial Odyssey".

He also published some of his surviving photos with the alleged alien and even videos, which also caused a lot of controversy regarding their veracity. It is not surprising that for many years this story has been very popular in the United States.

But then, one by one, more and more skeptics appeared, who began to "dig up" this story and eventually came to the conclusion that there is a large percentage here, that it is just a hoax, a fake.

The first and most suspicious thing was that it turned out that Jonathan Reed was not his real name at all, but in fact he was Jonathan Bradley Rutter, a fact that he, however, immediately admitted, but immediately stated that he changed his name to hide his identity from mysterious pursuers who, as he believed, continued to follow him even then.

Also, at first he claimed that his dog was simply torn in half by an alien, but later he added that the alien, after killing the dog, also "burned" the animal with something, leaving only a pile of ashes instead of its remains.

Another comment was that at first he said that the object in the forest had the shape of a" spike", but later said that it was"like an obelisk". However, all this could be called quite minor quibbles.

The most terrible thing is that he did not have the slightest proof that anything he said had ever happened, and although he claimed that he still had several scraps of alien clothing and some biological samples that he managed to hide from the "observers", he refused to give them to someone for study and analysis.

He even claimed that the few people he allowed to look at them "disappeared" or "were killed," again without any evidence to support this.

All this was quite suspicious, but perhaps the most suspicious of all is his video clip with an alien. The video shows something similar to a child-sized humanoid figure with large slanted eyes, a slit-like mouth and a slightly elongated head.

One of the skeptics described all the controversial points about this video in this way:

"1) For some reason, the one who takes such pictures never shows in detail the clothes of aliens (which looks like quite human), we also never see hands, feet, legs or any other part of the body.

2) In fact, it does not look like there is a body at all, it is just visible that it is some kind of clothing in the form of a humanoid. If this creature could tear a dog in half, would just a blow to the head immobilize it?

3) I find it hard to believe that the blood of an alien is so similar to human blood.

4) The alien never moves. Not even the slightest jerk. Blinks his eyes, that's all. There is no movement from his flat body, no turn of the head, no movement of the mouth.

5) So, the alien has enough strength to tear the dog in two, but not enough to move his arm, leg or head?

6) Why didn't this "doctor" call the police and ask other people to witness it?

7) For some reason, Reed recorded the alien's "scream" not on a video camera, but on a tape recorder. Reed claims that it was visible. Really? Then why isn't there this video?

8) Why, when he takes his head and skull in his hands, did the alien not "scream"? So, just by opening the freezer door, he screams, but plays with a head wound?

In general, there is absolutely no evidence that Rutter has/There was an alien in Reed's freezer. This is just a poorly shot, planned, played video with a terrible alien doll, it is not proof, in fact, it greatly downplays the truthfulness of this event. Take this proof and it will become absolutely clear to you that this guy is a fraud, and people who want to believe in aliens so much are his victims"

However, many people still defended the footage and the veracity of Reed's story, and "Reed" himself continued to stick to his story even in the face of such harsh criticism.

Nevertheless, in the ufology community, it is generally accepted to say that Reed is a fraud, and his video is an obvious hoax, although this has never been 100% - but it has been proven and there are many arguments in favor of Reed. Reed himself still continues to defend his story and insist that he is telling the truth.

Original news

Date:  October 1996
Location: Near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington 
Time: early afternoon 
Summary: Dr. Jonathan Reed had been hiking for about an hour and a half when his 7-year old Golden Retriever ran ahead of him and disappeared over a rise. He began barking frantically. Dr. Reed dropped his backpack and ran up the slope where the fog disappeared. He picked up a tree branch on the way, thinking that he might need it to rescue her form some kind of animal. Topping the rise he saw that Suzy (the dog) had a strange creature by the left arm. The creature was shaking violently in an attempt to dislodge the dog. The dog released the creature and backed away. At the same time, the creature extended a “fleshy pseudopod” around the dog’s muzzle and severely wounded her. Suzy’s tissues seemed to “flow” into this wound. She was consumed in a matter of seconds. Later, Dr. Reed could find no trace of her except for a fine white powder on the ground. The creature turned to look at Reed with an expression of what seemed to be pure rage then turned its head back to look at Suzy.

Reed ran forward at this point and hit the creature with the branch with all the force he could muster. He knocked the creature back about four ft. The creature lay dead on the ground covered in its own blood. Shocked, Reed fell to the ground attempting to compose himself. Finally, he remembered the camera equipment he usually carried on his frequent hikes ran back for his backpack and began taking pictures and videotape footage of the creature. A short time later, Jonathan became aware of strange, low-frequency vibration. He surveyed the area and discovered a black (craft like) device floating above the ground nearby. He approached the object and touched it. It was freezing cold and burned his hand. He took pictures of the object. After several hours, Jonathan still very sick, decided to wrap the creature in a survival blanket that he had with him. He decided to take the creature with him back to Seattle. He put the creature in a small freezer he had at home. The creature was described as about 4 ft tall that was capable of moving incredibly fast. It had large bloated eyes, which it was able to open and close, light in color. He also said that the creature emitted a horrifying scream or “shriek” as it fell to the ground. Around the fourth day, Jonathan heard noises coming from within the freezer. He opened it and the creature was alive.

In a panic, he slammed the freezer shut, then called a friend over. Over the next few days, he attempted many times to communicate with the creature and did so. He tried to feed it but it refused all food. It did, however, drink water. Apparently unknown government agents broke into the house and removed the creature 
Source:  World of The Strange, & Unsolved UFO Mysteries, William J Birnes & Harold Burt 


List of versions containing features matching the eyewitness descriptions or material evidence

Deliberate falsification

This version includes any of falsifying, imitating unexplained phenomena as of: pranks, flash mobs, fake news, spoof of the witnesses, staging, etc.

There are many ways of scrap materials to make something like a Ghost or a flying saucer without using video and photo montage.

A handmade object, made for joke, prank or direct imitation of mystical creatures or events can be mistaken for unexplained not only pictures and videos but in reality.

Also in this section include various pranks and flash mobs, aimed at the simulation of NOF.


Versions testing, their confirmation or refutation. Additional information, notes during the study of materials
Not enough information


The most likely explanation. The version, confirmed by the investigation
Not enough information

Similar facts

Log in or register to post comments

Site friends

  • Мир тайн — сайт о таинственном
  • Activite-Paranormale
  • UFOlats
  • Новый Бестиарий
  • The Field Reports
  • UFO Meldpunt Nederland
  • Паранормальная наука, наука об аномалиях



Site contains materials that are not recommended for impressionable people.

You are reporting a typo in the following text:
Simply click the "Send typo report" button to complete the report. You can also include a comment.