Site statistics

34426 facts from 176 countries related to 1176 phenomena have been registered in Archive. 2798 of them were solved, another 10612 are under verification for compliance with one of the 319 versions.

3 facts have been added for last 24 hours.

Share your story

You are in "News" section

This section accumulates world news published in the media and concerning facts, phenomena and/or versions.

Due to the flammable body cream lit up the woman

Added Wed, 05/08/2020
Источники
Дата публикации
Wed, 05/08/2020
Феномены
Версии

83-year-old resident of London, Yvonne Webb suffered from eczema, because I could not live without moisturizer, which turned out to be flammable and have resulted in an accident.

As reported online edition of the Standard, the woman was in a private house, I decided to use a tool to relieve itching and irritation that are characteristic of skin diseases such as psoriasis or eczema, but I didn't know that it's easy to catch fire, because went to the gas stove to light a candle, but ignited itself. The cry of Yvonne jumped into the street, neighbors came running, which extinguished it and called an ambulance, but in the hospital the poor patient died.

"When I called, I was home with my son. I arrived at the hospital, it was clear that all very seriously, said the son of the victim, Ben Webb. — I was very glad that he managed to talk to my mom before she died".

The man reported the incident in social networks because his objective was to warn people about the danger of softening the skin creams, which is not suspected himself. Paying tribute to his late mother, he said:

"My mother loved his family, friends, and often party, we cooked a lot of food, laughed and enjoyed life. She was smart and adventurous, loved to travel and was a fantastic grandmother. Now I find it difficult to remember her life and not to think how she died. This is a terrible and ridiculous way to end a life."

Representatives of the firefighting and rescue services of Britain explained that in this kind of moisturizer often contain natural oils, oil and paraffin, which are really easy to ignite.

According to them, over the past 3 years, 16 people have died when caught in similar circumstances, because it is especially important to warn people about these dangers, especially if they are elderly.

Translated by «Yandex.Translator»

Новости со схожими феноменами

Новости со схожими версиями


Log in or register to post comments

Site friends

  • Мир тайн — сайт о таинственном
  • Activite-Paranormale
  • UFOlats
  • Новый Бестиарий
  • The Field Reports
  • UFO Meldpunt Nederland
  • GRUPO DE ESTUDOS DE UFOLOGIA CIENTÍFICA
  • Паранормальная наука, наука об аномалиях
  • Новости уфологии
  • UFO Insights
  • Mundo Ovnis

Attention!

18+

Site contains materials that are not recommended for impressionable people.

You are reporting a typo in the following text:
Simply click the "Send typo report" button to complete the report. You can also include a comment.